Thursday 31 March 2011

Delicious recipe for creamy pasta with purple sprouting broccoli


What a treat. After a series of late nights working, Tom took pity on me and cooked.

Clearly, the recipe (a Nigel slater one) was selected by me and the PSB (purple sprouting broccoli) were harvested by me at the weekend but he DID cook it.

The magic ingredient in the sauce is anchovy. For those who are unsure about this fish just remember it adds a salty quality without being over-bearable fishy.

250g PSB/ young greens
250g pasta
30g butter
2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
4 anchovy fillets chopped
250g creme fraiche
170g gorgonola crumbled

For my liking, I would have reduced the butter and cream content and used low fat cheese to make this more waist and heart healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment