Monday 18 April 2011

A quick and easy wholemeal broccoli lunch


I harvested another 1.26kg at the weekend. All great apart from the smell it gives off after a day or so and I defy anyone to cook more broccoli than me. I have done broccoli quiche, broccoli gratin and broccoli souffles and still I have lots left.

I plan to steam the best stalks and serve them with hollandaise sauce for Tom and lemon and anchovy for me (health kick still more or less holding).

This morning though I chucked together a very easy and speedy lunch which is not only healthy but helps to use up leftovers. Mix 100g cooked wholemeal pasta shapes with half a jar of cool salsa (spicy is fine if you must). Chop up the long broccoli stalks and briefly boil with the florets. Add to the pasta mix. Easypeasy. For those so inclined, add pepper and lemon. If I'd had more time I would have added anchovy and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment