Sunday 31 October 2010

Baby brussel sprouts get served up early

Top tip: make freezing your friend


I was told we couldn't save the brussel sprouts as the space is needed. Diasappointed that I couldn't have had an extra 2 months and eaten fresh sprouts at Christmas but at least it meant I harvested them young and it has introduced me to the joys of baby vegetables.  And the sprouts in the other part of the plot might rally after all and recover from the mystery 'grey'.

We have replanted the sprout plants so maybe we will still have some fresh by Christmas.  In the mean time, I have probably made the most of things by blanching them and they are tender and sweet.


The next question is what to grow next year ?  What was successful for me? Beans? Jerusalem artichokes? I will also be growing more potatoes despite the fact they are already sprouting in my bag in the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment